Tuesday, April 26, 2005

If This Isn't Love

Jac's recital was ok... She was super nervous... Some of the songs had to be restarted... Oh well... I saw Jeremy and Wei Xiang there too... It was fun anyway... Met Babes Conde too... Lester wanted my number cos he didn't get it from me the last time... haha... He and I played for Francis one Sunday... I think it was 2 Christmases ago... wow... that IS a long time! Anyway, he gave me a lift to City Hall... I ate dinner and went home...

I saw a girl on the bus who looked as if she was crying... she looked liked one of my friends... but she wasn't... I was suddenly reminded of some love issues... got me thinking about selfishness and thinking about self-gratification.... Now, imagine if I was to do that to someone... hurting them sooo much... being in a relationship just to satisfy your own wants and needs... that's not love... that's self-centredness... I may have caught a glimpse of what was in store for me if I went down that road...

Some of these points in the JH book got to me... How would I account to God for my actions? how can I remain pure and blameless before Him? sure... almost everyone is getting attached, breaking up... but in the end I answer to God... not everyone... my actions haven't escaped His notice... but as the author said... and I agree... I'd rather be praying in private than preaching in public...

Love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider