Friday, April 22, 2005

The Greatest Love of All

The Coffee Club last night was packed!!!! Sooo many people.... And I wanted to start early but Daniel arrived later than usual... oh well... haha... Anyway, we had a blast... tried new songs and all... Quando, quando, quando was sweet... hee... it was some 30 year old lady's birthday so someone requested for the birthday song and "Words" by the Bee Gees... I didn't know how to play it... malu seah... haha... Daniel helped me to the instrumental version on his guitar... Then we also played Girl From Ipanema in a minor key... hilarious...

My secondary school classmate Jonathan showed up with his girlfriend... I think it's been about 6 years since we last met up properly... Then another Daniel from SAF Bands was around that area too so he said he'd bring more of our band mates down... and I was like Nooooooooo.... hahahaha.... Cherene and her boyfriend also popped by just to say hi... hee... Not too bad a night I must say... Going for Mei Jian's rehearsal today... It's the full run... Right, those are just things happening in my life... if you really wanna know how I am, read on...

I quit dating... it serves no purpose whatsoever... in the end both parties end up hurt... I think the reasons why I started was because I was bored, naive, curious and there was a lot of peer pressure... work, church, basically everywhere... Now don't get me wrong here... I'm not trying to make excuses for myself...

Ever since I got out of army, I've been like super free to do the things I wanted to or wanted to try... so you see things pile up on top of one another and very soon you're more busy than you know... have you ever heard the phrase "An empty mind is a devil's playground?" I used to think that would apply to my life... like if I didn't keep busy, I would be tempted to do the things I shouldn't have... but I've been reading this article that begs to differ... Author Unknown...

Satan called a worldwide convention. In his opening address to his evil angels, he said "We can't keep the Christians from going to church. We can't keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from conservative values.

But we can do something else. We can keep them from forming an intimate, abiding relationship in Christ. If they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken.

So let them go to church, let them have their conservative lifestyles, but steal their time so they can't gain that experience in Jesus Christ. This is what I want you to do, angels. Distract them from gaining hold of their Saviour and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day!"

"How shall we do this?" shouted his angels.

"Keep them busy in the nonessentials of life and invent unnumbered schemes to occupy their minds," he answered.

"Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, then borrow, borrow, borrow. Convince the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6 or 7 days a week, 10 to 12 hours a day, so they can afford their lifestyles. Keep them from spending time with their children. As their family fragments, soon their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work."

"Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that small still voice. Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive, to keep the TV, VCR, DVDs, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their homes. And see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays non-biblical, contradictory music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ."

"Fill their coffee-tables with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards. Flood their mailboxes with junk-mail, sweepstakes, mail-order catalogues and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering free products, services and false hopes."

"Even in their recreation let them be excessive. Have them return from the recreation exhausted, disquieted and unprepared for the coming week. Don't let them go out to nature to reflect on God's wonders. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, concerts and movies instead."

"And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences and unsettled emotions."

"Let them be involved in soul-winning, but crowd their lives with so many causes that they have no time to seek power from Christ. Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family for the good of the cause."

It was quite a convention in the end. The evil angels went to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to get busy, busy, busy and rush here and there.
Has the devil been successful in his scheme?


You be the judge.

How about this definition of BUSY: Being Under Satan's Yoke

Satan's goal is to take our minds away from Christ and steer us towards the cares of the world. God wants us to enjoy life, but He must be first. If we are too busy for God, then we are too busy!

Interesting right? haha... yea... I read this and I can't help but keep getting reminded about the story of Mary and Martha... Read up the story in Luke 10... And it is true... like my friend Anna said... God desires obedience sooooo much more than sacrifice.... I don't think it by chance that I stepped down from the music ministry... I think God is trying to tell me to just to dwell in His presence and not be "distracted about the preparations"... if playing every Sunday becomes a "chore", I shouldn't play at all... cos there's no chance to get fed spiritually...

Now how does all of this fit into dating you say? I haven't a clue... somehow I went off on a tangent and it may be a far shot... so do correct me if I'm wrong... For starters... the concept of dating, to me I think... is like you're so busy looking for love and romance, you don't trust God with your life... And peer pressure has a lot to do with it as well... After a while you're so concerned about trying to gain acceptance from your friends, you neglect God and forget that the greatest love of all is right there in front of you...

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life"

Jesus died for our sins on Calvary... That a King would die for me... And not just any King... but the King of Kings and Lord of Lords... And I realise no matter how many times I've heard this being said, nothing can compare to the gravity of that verse... So it's time I devoted a lot more to the lover of my soul... Cos if I can't love a perfect person perfectly... Then what makes me think I can love an imperfect person perfectly?

Right?

Trust and Obey

When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will
He abides with us still
And with all who will trust and obey

Chorus
Trust and obey
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus
But to trust and obey

Not a shadow can rise
Not a cloud in the skies
But His smile quickly drives it away
Not a doubt or a fear
Not a sigh or a tear
Can abide while we trust and obey

Not a burden we bear
Not a sorrow we share
But our toil He doth richly repay
Not a grief or a loss
Not a frown or a cross
But is blest if we trust and obey

But we never can prove
The delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay
For the favour He shows
And the joy He bestows
Are for them who will trust and obey

Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet
Or we'll walk by His side in the way
What He says we will do
Where He sends we will go
Never fear, only trust and obey

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An empty mind being a devil's workshop/playground? I believe it was first said to Gordon for stoning in class... Guess what, he is running Devil's Bar now, the irony.

12:48 am  
Blogger Jordan said...

goodness... I have to go and say hi to him sometime... wonder if he still remembers... haha...

10:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider