Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ain't Misbehavin'

Mei Jian's musical was quite fun I must say... It was good getting to know more people as they rehearsed their songs... Got to know Ravin, Jasmine, Fazli and Yu Han better... I think we all loosened up a bit more too and felt more comfortable around one another... Then I went to Macdonald's for dinner... Started raining cats and dogs just as I walked in... After that, I went home to check my mail and talk to my dad, Samantha and Claire over msn... Then I had to go out again cos Amanda said she had a craving for cheng teng and asked if I was free to go out... arghh... I had just had my bath!!! Anyway, I did go out later to have supper at Chomp Chomp... She brought her sister, Amelia, along too... had a good time catching up and all... then her mum sent me back cos my house was one the way to theirs... haha... even though I lived so near and could walk home!!

Right... so other than receiving 5 new messages in my phone this morning and finding out how to go to Laselle for Jac's prac, nothing really interesting except that I have to complete another essay for uni, and practise my piano today... Unless you wanna hear some more about the love issues... haha... I thought you would... :) Ok here goes...

Well, for starters, I need to constantly remind myself that God has a divine plan for my life and that I need to stop worrying about who I'm going to meet next or whatever... yea... and I was also talking to Randy, Roy, Julian, Minli and Kimberly the other day about dating... Which reminds me, I think I'd better plan a dinner session with Uncle Chris and see what he has to say... Can you believe I was also talking with my Dad this kinda stuff? Weird... haha... well, they've all got a lot of interesting points to consider... I don't really know how to explain but I'll try...

They were telling me like how one shouldn't date unless you have the intention of getting together or if you make it clear to the other party that you just wanna be friends and that it's better to go on group outings and stuff... And right now I'm trying to keep and open mind although sometimes, I can't help being me... But the thing that really got me thinking was about saving all the love you have right now for someone you will love in the future... I think Zaneta also pointed that out on Sunday... I'll recount the story for you...

It's about this guy on his wedding day marrying his bride... and when the pastor asks the bride, "Do you take this... blah blah blah", the bride wasn't the only one who said I do... All the groom's ex-girlfriends appeared one by one in the congregation, all saying I do in front of a rather befuddled bride... get the point?

If you watch the music video of John Legend featuring Kanye West, you'll get an idea... The title of the song is "I used to love you"... not exactly the same concept as the scenario above, but it'll certainly get you thinking... The scene is set in a church... You should really go and watch it... It got me thinking...

Ok, here's a Bible chapter for you...

1 Corinthians 13

v1 - If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

v2 - If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

v3 - If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

v4 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

v5 - It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

v6 - Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

v7 - It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

v8 - Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

v9 - For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

v10 - but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

v11 - When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

v12 - Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

v13 - And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

If you just scrolled down to see what I have to say, please go read the verses again properly and this time try to understand what it says... haha... cos it's all there... the definition of love... so you see, if I want to "date", I realise I need to consider these things... v4-7... and consider what the other party is feeling... I realise I need to be less selfish and not delight in evil, and let the Holy Spirit lead me in making the right choices... cos the devil is always seeking out to destroy me and his attacks can be very very very subtle at times... So subtle that a wrong thing may actually seem like a right thing... Thus, I need to let the Holy Spirit guard my heart and not let the evil one sway me...

Interesting how my views on love have changed so much after 7 blog entries... I can't say that I will not go out with girls at all if they ask me to hang out once in a while as friends... But for now I'm going to stop asking girls out with the intention of seeing if there's a possibility of a "could we be together?".... haha... that's a very confusing sentence... I hope you know what I mean... Oh well, I'm still growing... time for me to become a man and put childish ways behind me... read v11 if you haven't yet... :) I leave you with a jazz song I think I might go and practise later... I'm gonna start living my life for Jesus... His ultimate sacrifice on Calvary... The epitome of Love...

Ain't Misbehavin'...

Though it's a fickle age
With flirting all the rage
Here is one bird with self control
Happy inside my cage

I know who I love best
Thumbs down for all the rest
My love was given, heart and soul
So it can stand the test

Your type of man is rare
I know you really care
That's why my conscience never sleeps
When you're away somewhere

Sure was a lucky day
When fate sent you my way
And made you mine alone for keeps
Ditto to all you say

No one to talk with, All by myself
No one to walk with, But I'm happy on the shelf
Ain't misbehavin', I'm savin' my love for you

I know for certain, The one I love,
I'm through with flirtin', It's just you I'm thinkin' of
Ain't misbehavin', I'm savin' my love for you

Like Jack Horner in the corner
Don't go no where, What do I care,
Your kisses are worth waitin' for
Believe me

I don't stay out late, Don't care to go,
I'm home about eight, Just me and my radio
Ain't misbehavin', I'm savin' my love for you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider