Monday, April 11, 2005

The Best Is Yet To Come

You know what... every time I start to think that I like a girl, I meet new ones and my opinion changes now and then... but I'm also constantly reminded that I need to wait because God has a divine purpose for my life...

Jeremiah 29:11 - “I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

It can't be coincidence that I was talking with Dan, Yado and Zaneta over lunch yesterday about Joshua Harris books... or why Deanne messaged me early in the morning today with a bible verse very similar to this one... I can't remember now... argh... shouldn't have deleted it... or why Minli was talking to me the other day over msn on how a lot of young people in church need to stop viewing new people they meet as their potential boyfriend or girlfriend... In any case, God is pulling me back... I can sense it... I just need to put my complete trust in Him...

Well, if you wanna know what happened over the weekend... Saturday was worship leader training... a lot of people didn't show up... but Wyman and Alfrin weren't discouraged... bless them... I really appreciate what they're doing with the music ministry and stuff... Yea.. then Jennifer had worship practice... not too bad... and then I went for dinner with Yue Chang, Suyin, Halim, Melissa and Cherene... Thai Express isn't too bad either... haha... They actually wanted to go for coffee but I think Mel was too full and she wanted to go home... So they told me if I wanted a lift I'd better follow.. haha... so just before leaving, Suyin and Mel went to the face shop and I had to tag along... lol... Anyway, it was kinda bright... as in the lighting and stuff... haha...

Ok, Sunday comes and Jennifer is leading... the worship team pulled through I think... haha... better than practice... quite fun.... Oh!!! I saw Jolene too!!! She told me that Gilly was back as well... interesting... haha... then somehow as I was packing up the piano, I ended up talking with Bryan Wong and Daniel Simanjuntak... some lame jokes... haha... then also ended up meeting this new girl, Amanda... dunno how... haha... says that she used to come to Barker but hasn't been going for sometime or something like that... knows Sabrina and all... Anyway, I didn't get to talk much... Went to the canteen and talked with Dominic for a bit... that guy has changed his fashion style man... haha... more flamboyant... oh well... Bought lunch and ate with Ryan, Charlotte, Zaneta and this girl Joanne from Wesley... was playing with Shayna, Uncle Edward's 5-year old daughter too... she's sooo adorable... haha...

Priscilla and Jo-An cancelled their piano lesson with me so I hung out with Daniel, Yado, Zaneta, Joseph and Szu Yong at Pudong for a second lunch but I didn't eat... The service there is really bad... I suggest you don't go... haha... yea... then talked about the Joshua Harris books... Then I went back with Joseph and Zaneta to play for 5pm service... and after that it was games with a few new people... Aaron, Becki, Charmaine, Gracie, Ryan, Min and lots more I didn't really get to know... Anyway, it was quite fun....

We had dinner at Novena Square... It was the 1st time Xiao Hui and Zheng Yang joined us.... yay!!! Let's see... there was Edmund, Joo Teng, Rachel, Sandra, Kenneth, Deanne, Dorcas, Abigail, Zheng Yang, Xiao Hui and Joseph... Oh and we met Guang Zhao there as well... having dinner with his family.... Then it was dessert at California Deli.... I was tempted to order a cake... haha... ask the rest... I'm not saying anything...

I just woke up... still very tired... haha... and I need to go out later... watching Spongebob with Pris... I need a haircut... hrmmm... maybe I'll get one later... haha... Well, after all the things that happened over the weekend, I'd better see what I can give to God instead of seeing what I can get out of church... And I need to get my hands on the Joshua Harris books and find out the difference between dating and courtship... :)

Change starts now... :)

4 Comments:

Blogger jemi said...

just because i wanna be lazy and not find out for myself...
how did u get the lil' picture icon on your post for bigger pictures themselves...
hopefully u get the broken bad english kor...can tell me...i don have time to mess about for myself.

5:45 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

mwhahahah.... i dun tell you.. hee.... actually get them from photobucket....

select the photo.. then generate the html and img code.... the top one should be the one you want... if you can get what i'm trying to say... haha

5:48 pm  
Blogger jemi said...

that din really help.
cus i use photobucket anyway.
but i meant your lil' icon that links to a bigger version is what i was trying to find out.

nvm i'll work it myself.

12:15 am  
Blogger Jordan said...

HAHAHAHAHA.... ok... whatever works for you...

8:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider