Friday, April 08, 2005

At Last

At last!!!! Met up with Daniel Milton yesterday... boy it was sure great seeing him again... Right around 6pm as I saw him bound down the stairs of phoenix LRT with a wide grin on his face, all my thoughts of how he's changed as a person just faded... I knew instantly that we were gonna have a great time catching up...

It's been a good 11 years or so since I last saw him... and after all this, he's still the same... more mature, stronger but he's still good old Daniel as I last remembered... sweet... two old fogies hanging out on a Thursday evening... :)

We went to some 24 hour hawker centre near his place... as least I think that's where we went... haha... yea... bought me dinner and all... the black pepper chicken rice was divine!!! Thanx pal!!! Chatted about our lives and stuff... and connected them some how... hahaha... everything from army to friends to family and even teaching!!! yea... he teaches martial arts... interesting what he has to say.... what you can learn from anyone... that sortta stuff...

Popped by his place later to give his mum a surprise visit... saw his little brother on the way up.... haha... cute.... I'm stunned that she remembers me after all this time and even knows where I stay!!! Amazing.... really amazing... yea... said hi to his dad and sis too... His mom wanted me to call Uncle Dax and Auntie Mary cos they stayed nearby and maybe we could visit... they used to be in the same church as us before... So I called Uncle Dax on his mobile... He couldn't remember me... haha what a laugh... I had to describe who I was and stuff until it finally clicked... hee... anyway... he was busy that night.... hrmmm... maybe next time.... anyway... they wanted to hear me play the piano so I did... then I took some photos with them.... here they are... hope the pix work... hee... just figured out how to do this thing...



Yea... after that, I followed Daniel to Lot 1 to catch The Pacifier... not too bad a show... hrmm... who would have thought this was Disney material... haha... yea... I wish the evening hadn't come to an end so soon... but all good things eventually must.... so... we walked back to the MRT and with a hand shake, hug and slap on the back, left for home...

Well, after yesterday I'm reminded of the good old days back in my old church where everyone was close to each other.... how I miss that.... and now, I'm beginning to think twice about making too many new friends... and about keeping up with the old ones... Not to say that making new friends isn't good or what... but like everything else in life... it needs balance...

Oh, Florence Chang my old school teacher might be dropping by coffee club next week with two ex-girls.... Bryan Wong might be coming with his friends... and Samantha, someone whom I just got to know, expressed interest in going.... There you go.... past, present and future all wrapped into one...

'Nuff said...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah.. this is a lot easier to read.. instead of having all those coloured words! :)

10:05 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

hahaha oops... i changed it back... blogger was down.... guess you'll have to bare with it... :)

9:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider