Saturday, April 16, 2005

I'm All Smiles

I started Friday of with a rather bad experience... the taxi driver drove me to Changi instead of Laselle!!! I was so angry... he didn't even want to give a discount either!!! I just shut the door on him when he was giving me my change... I didn't want to take it... If it's money he wants he can keep it... A whopping $19.30!!!! Man!!! And he didn't even take me to Laselle... I asked him to stop at that McDonald's and KFC place near the national stadium... He made one big U-turn even though I asked him to stop on the other side then I would walk... Sigh... some people just don't listen... I think his name is Ng Siew Har or Siew Hiaw... or something like that... Be warned you people!!!... well, the initials are Ng S.H.

Jac had to come and get me from McDonald's cos I didn't know how to get from there to Laselle... Hee... She's got a very very very sweet singing voice... I ate lunch at the canteen and the Western Food store Auntie was asking me if I was thinking of studying here or visiting my girlfriend... lol!... hahaha... Wadever... I got to know some more of Jac's friends cos she was using the practice room after them... Reminds me so much of the days back in Queen Mary's College... I saw Daniel there too!!! Hahaha... Just played with him on Thursday... Then met Ivan and Fabian, both quite good at music... And after that, all of them left as Jac was rehearsing the songs with me... I think it went quite smoothly... I can't believe Derek is also playing for her... small world... hrmm... Ivan and Daniel came back to the room just as Jac and I were about to finish... We jammed a bit more... Jac left...

We went to Daniel's house after that cos he was preparing a birthday gift for Michelle... I was listening to his solo album... sounds really like Martin Taylor... He's really good!!! I thought it WAS Martin Taylor... I also picked up some new riffs and tips from him... hee... I didn't actually wanna go out that night, but I'm glad I did... Listen on and you'll see why...

Ivan had to get a birthday present for his sister at Popular 1st, then we had dinner at this Indonesian restaurant Daniel recommended at Lucky Plaza... Ayam Pennye Ria... I think... He's got lotsa friends there... haha... kept saying hi to them and stuff... He's really an amazing fellow... he was doing engineering in his hometown Surabaya, Indonesia before he came to Singapore... And he's only picked up English ever since he came here 2 years ago... quite fluent I must say... and his guitar playing is super pro!!!

Anyway, we went to Marina Mandarin to catch Michelle perform her few last songs at CenterStage... met this guy called Darrell as well... Her pianist... Then we were kinda of hungry again... haha... so we went up to the food court on the top level... only one shop was open... sigh... oh well... Hokkien Mee it was then... We thought of going to Harry's Esplande to see Paul Ponnudurai play but some one else was playing so we went to see Michelle and Daniel's friends Johnny and Roseanna play at IndoChine at Clarke Quay... They make a lovely couple I must say... Roseanna is like a splitting image of my Auntie Susan...

Anyway, Ivan had to go home so it was just 4 of us now... Daniel left early too... so sad... cos Roseanna wanted him to jam... haha... Darrell also left a bit later... so I got to know Roseanna a bit more... cos the rest of the musicians were like backstage some where... Then Roseanna wanted Michelle and me to jam so we went up for like 2 songs... haha...and I was like trying to sight read the songs but they were all hand written so it was bit hard... so I had to like hear what the bassist was playing and try and 2nd guess the chords... what a laugh... Well, I got called back up to play for the last song... "How High the Moon"... at least I knew that... haha but it was in Eb... still can lah... hee...

I got to know Tim, the pianist a bit... and wonder of all wonders!!! He comes from UK, his home town is Basingstoke and he went to the same college that I did when I was there!!! Roseanna and Michelle broke into the "It's a small world" song instantly... haha... Cool... Then Johnny was talking to me about musicians and integrity and leaving more space in solos... I was enlightened... hee... I realised I still have a lot to learn... We also wished Michelle a Happy Birthday cos it was like 2am then... haha... I took a cab home from South Bridge... This time it was a nice driver!!! hahaha... super shack now...

Oh, another girl added me to friendster today... but I dun know her and she's from Philippines and it's like sooo random... hahaha... hrmmm.... Anyway... Leaving my life in God's hands is so much better than trying to make my own life work for me... and though there may be some ups and downs... I dun mind cos pressure is needed to make a diamond and fire refines pure gold...

I'm all smiles...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh heh...taxi drivers from hell..

once i got into a cab and asked him to go to zouk... and the fella was on his way to mandai zoo instead! lol

12:56 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

LOL!!! Hey... who's nicole? haha..

10:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider