Friday, April 15, 2005

Strangers in the Night

Yes!!!! It didn't rain yesterday!!!! Whoo hoo!!! But the sound man didn't show up... Had to set up everything by myself... sigh... and they didn't even tell me that the sound man wasn't going to be there... wahahaha.... ridiculous... Well, the rest of the night was cool though... Let's start from the morning shall we...

Had to listen to some songs for the recital I'm doing for Jac at Laselle... Quite easy I think... Was talking to Priscilla too... Yea, then after that I went to my Uncle's place to drop off some stuff, then followed him to some apartment he was showing his client... He dropped me off at Barker later cos I had to settle some church camp stuff... I'm supposed to pay Auntie April on Sunday... Can someone remind me? haha... Then I went to the canteen to wait for Dean to finish his remedial lesson and I bumped into Rev Juliette... Not literally... lol...

As I was waiting for Dean, Jared's ex-girlfriend came down the stairs... I didn't recognise her at 1st... Then only after she said hi and stuff, we were both like... "what's your name?"... hahaha... Well, in any case I got Audrey's number and msn... The 1st time I saw her was like at the ACS carnival and she was being dunked as I was trying to find out if she knew me... Cos she was waving to me and I thought she was waving to someone else.... argh... long story... hee...

Ok I went to Borders after meeting Dean and collecting his camp money... both of us are sharing a room with Joseph... That'll be fun... wahaha... I needed to go and get a present for Lester... Can't tell you what I got him cos I dunno if he reads this... hee... All I can say is.... It's soooo hard to shop for guys!!! argh... I sound like a girl... no offence yall... :) bleah... I met Jason at Borders too!!! And he was also in the same predicament... we went to popular after that to get some birthday cards...

Jane called me to say she was in town... so we met up half an hour later... She had to go and pay her bass fees at Plaza Singapura so I accompanied her and guess who I saw? Johnson Lee!!! My former army officer in SAF Bands... He's thinking of buying a Clavinova or something... haha... Also met one of my Dad's friends Michael Song... At least that's what I remember... I'm not very good with names... I remember faces better... haha... Yea, so we went to Coffee Club after that and that's when I found out that the sound man was no where to be seen... grr... had to set up everything by myself... sigh....

Anyway, Daniel came super early that day too... haha... 630pm!!! wow... He helped me set up as well... Poor Jane waiting there with no one to talk to... sorry gal!! Not how I wanna treat my childhood friend... paiseh... Oh and Jaime, Hagen and one of their friends dropped by but there was no space so I only got to talk to them... they didn't catch me in action... Haha... it doesn't matter... at least I've finally met Jaime... my personal "shrink"... Long story again... haha...

Well, we did manage to get everything sorted out in the end... had dinner and Joel and his family came that night... sweet... Sooo many people... After we started playing, Bryan came and sat down with my friend Jane, then Florence Chang arrived with her student as well... I think her name was Mei Qing... or something like that... oops... hee... Sat with Bryan and Jane too... I hope it wasn't too awkward for you guys as well... Like nobody knew each other... haha so weird... I haven't seen Miss Florence Chang in ages!!! Like since Chapel Band days in ACS (Barker)... and I can't believe she noticed I plucked my eyebrows... wow... Samantha came when I was playing my last song for the 1st set but since she likes bossa, I threw one more in for her... haha...

After our 1st set, I talked with Samantha 1st cos she was like sitting by herself at the table and all... Then, I introduced her to Daniel, Bryan, Jane, Florence and Mei Qing.... I can't believe Mei Qing knows my former class mate Glenn Seah... small world... must be same church or something... Had a fun time catching up with every one of them... All of them strangers to one another... But I was amazed at how they got along so well... They were like laughing and giggling and stuff and it seemed like they knew each other for years... Me and Daniel went back up for our second set and I think I had a sore throat... my voice wasn't working properly... haha... man... well, anyway, Bryan, Jane, Samantha and me stayed back to talk for like another hour or so... Non-stop!!! so fun...

Oh yes... I forgot to mention... someone wrote down on a piece of paper for me to play Moon River... But I didn't know who it was so I was keeping my eyes peeled for who would react to the song when I played it... 2 beautiful girls at the back... haha... interesting... Anyway, I went up to one of them after the 2nd set and asked her if she was the one who requested for the song and apologized to her if it sounded bad cos I was sight reading it... Yea... then she was telling me that she thinks she knows me and asked if I was from Ngee Ann Poly.... And I'm like noo... I dun think so... complete stranger... haha... lol... I didn't ask for her number and stuff, though I would have loved too... haha... self control man... self control... Oh well, at least she enjoyed the music... reward enough for me... haha...

Ok then I went back to the table with Bryan, Jane and Samantha and they were asking me like... who's that? And I told them that I have absolutely no idea... haha... So funny... You should have seen the looks on their faces... Right, after talking more about models, mass com, abs, local celebrities and Don Johnson, we headed toward the MRT station and left for home... Fun night...

My Giordano wrist band says "world without strangers", the opposite side says "friends"... wouldn't be nice if everyone in the world knew each other? hrmmm... I keep thinking strangers are friends you haven't met yet... haha... going to meet more "friends" on Sunday at Lester's party... And meeting Jac today to practise as well... Oh I also need to find out who is this mandietan@hotmail.com who just added me to MSN... Right now I don't need a girlfriend... I need a reality check and God above all...

Peace yall, I'm content...

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jordan! It was really good to finally meet u.. i wanted to stay and watch you perform, but some people were hungry so I had to go have dinner with them.. humph!

will most definitely catch you either next week or the week after! :)

PS: i think u look kinda cute! :P

5:14 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... I've heard some one say that about me before... bleah... i dun agree tho... well... it was good to meet you!!! No worries... drop by any time you want... and if sing if you wanna.. haha... Thanx for taking the time to come and visit... appreciate it... :) talk to you soon!!

9:14 am  
Blogger the teacher said...

i chanced upon ur blog thru jaime's links. been reading for a couple of days. got to know that u played the keyboards etc.. to cut a long story short.. i was at coffee club outside raffles place mrt on friday nite and i heard someone playing.. immediately, i thought he might have been u (u were in blue rite?). and now i realise it WAS u.. talk about a small world.... :)

3:10 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

Oh my goodness... you're like the 3rd gal I dun know who wants to get to know me... all during the course of 3 days... I can't handle the pressure... haha... lol...

ok seriously... how do you know Jaime? and why on earth are you reading my blog? hahaha... I must go and read yours... I added you to msn... chat more there...

10:56 pm  
Blogger the teacher said...

i didn't know i left the impression that i wanted to get to know u ! =p goodness.. what signals am i sendin ?

12:53 am  
Blogger Jordan said...

HAHAHA... wait so do you want to get to know me or don't you? Heee... hey... which Nicole are you on Jaime's friendster?

9:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.. give a dude a bit of attention and suddenly he thinks he can give Brad Pitt a run for his money. Muahahahaha.. hilarious.

2:38 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

hey... what's that supposed to mean... haha!

2:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It means that Brad has some stiff competition, apparently. :)

3:12 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

yea right.... all in fun and laughter lah!!! don't read too much into it... hee..

3:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldnt dream of it. :)

3:18 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

If you say so.... haha!

3:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't realise so much drama was happening here.. lol. :)

6:15 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

Man.... this is becoming more interesting than Oprah!!! lol!

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider