Tuesday, April 19, 2005

From This Moment On

Wow... Little did I know my last blog entry would evoke such a response... All in all, I really thank you guys and gals who have shared with me and not condemned me but convicted me... It's helped me sooo much... more than you'll ever know... Kudos to Randy, Roy, Jo, Priscilla, Kimbarley, Minli and Anna (especially) for listening and sharing... I'm truly blessed to have such wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ... some pointers that really got to me...

From Anna:
Dude, if there's one thing I've realised, God desires obedience much more than sacrifice. You serving in the music ministry means NOTHING to Him if He doesn't have your heart... Which means loving Him with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. Everything you've got. And maybe He wants you to stop doing things so that you'll learn just how to BE. To be His son, to be His child. Not to do anything to earn His love. You might've heard this before, but it makes a lot of sense: we're human BEings, not human doings... God bless


From Randy:
Bro I will pray for you. Continue to see how our life really is a process of being transformed, perhaps to one day be as best a husband you can be. God sometimes close doors to prepare us better or perhaps to save us from the horrors of what may lie on the other side haha. Trust and obey for there is really no other way to be happy.


Thanx for the gentle reminders!!!

Another conversation which helped me cos I'm too tired to re-edit... haha... sorry...

Jordan: thanx.... I really NEEDED to HEAR that... thanx for keeping me on track!

Anna: np. and you know what? I absolutely do not believe in dating

Jordan: yea?

Anna: and the fact that your leader is asking u if u have a gf, it's just wrong.

Jordan: hrmmm

Anna: if he meant it in a "you should go get one" way… but if he meant it in a "do u have one because if u are u shouldn't" way, then it's ok… I don't know… the Bible doesn't say specifically, and maybe I'm just ultra conservative…

Jordan says: actually... my leader was a she…

Anna: but a bf would just totally distract me from my walk with God if it wasn't the right time

Jordan: and she didn't mean it the latter

Anna: oh... hm.. , well, then i don't know. but u know what? Jesus never said following Him was easy. =)

Jordan: that's true… why dun you believe in dating? Anyway... I didn't know you read my blog… hahah

Anna: well, i just happened to go there today.. didn't go before…no i don't believe in dating. it's distracting if it's the wrong time

Jordan: AH... icic.... hrmmm.... what's your view?

Anna: about dating? ever heard of the book "I kissed dating goodbye" by Joshua Harris?

Jordan: yea.... I'm trying to get my hands on it…

Anna: well, it's a good book. mm.. well, i guess it's partly cos my church also doesn't believe in dating.. more like we believe in 'courtship'

Jordan: yea.... but how would you know the one? dun mean to sound bitter and all

Anna: for that, read 'boy meets girl' after i kissed dating goodbye… I mean, it's not like a rule book and definitely manual, but

Jordan: it helps

Anna: definitely a lot of prayer, a lot of counselling from the leaders at church, and just courting… getting to know one another better, to see if God's calling the 2 of u in the same direction… I mean God won't put 2 people whose destinies are totally different together because when u get married, you and ur spouse's destinies will affect each other

Jordan: that's true… hrmm... interesting points… I think I’m beginning to understand now

Anna: mm.. and one thing I've learnt about marriage.. it's not for one's happiness… in fact, it's going to challenge us so much further… and really the crux of it is, if someone being married would glorify God more than if he or she remaining single all his or her life, then he or she shd get married… it's really a matter of what brings God the most glory

Jordan: purposeful singlehood

Anna: yep... that's right.

Jordan: ic... wow you know a lot… hahaha

Anna: well, I can't help it, i'm sold out for Him.. heh..

Jordan: I should get you as my therapist… hahaha

Anna: you just need spiritual family. Haha

Jordan: haha yes sis!!!

Anna: and of course u urself being sold out for Him

Jordan: :)


After, re-reading blog entries and comments... I'm touched by all of your concerns... thanx for all your prayers... I'm starting to feel better already... If God says He has a plan for my life, I'd better believe that He does...

Prob 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight"

I think I'd better start loving the family of God and DO it, not only say it.... I found the song I wrote the other day... I'll share it with you...

I'm Giving You My All

I've crossed many different paths
Tried to find a way of living
But I've never found a thing that would gratify
My meaningless desires

Contemplating on life's goal
I have found no satisfaction
But I know now You're the one who can change
My life, renewed, forever

And I'm giving You my all
I'm giving You my everything
I'm giving You my all
As a pleasing offering
I'm giving You my all
I'm giving You my everything
I'm giving You my all
My Saviour, Lord and King

Different places I have been

But this heart is still so empty
Nothing ever could fill this vast, wide void
But You've turned my world around

Entered into my whole being
Filled me with Your Holy Spirit
And forever I will worship and pray
And I'll kneel before you now

From This Moment On...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider