Monday, August 29, 2005

This Masquerade

Just a few days of travelling up north on a holiday and observing the beautiful creation God made just left me awe-struck and pondering for days... I took a few pictures of the sunset as well... hrmmm anyway... here's nothing interesting about my life in this post... Just a few short snippets from John Eldredge's "Wild At Heart"

"We are hiding every last one of us. Well aware that we, too, are not what we were meant to be, desperately, afraid of exposure, terrified of being seen for what we are and are not, we have run off into the bushes. We hide in the office, at the gym, behind the newspaper and mostly behind our personality. Most of what you encounter when you meet a man is a facade, an elaborate fig leaf, a brilliant disguise."

"That same sort of thing goes on Sunday mornings, it's just a different set of rules. Dave runs into Bob in the church lobby. Both are wearing their happy faces, though neither is happy at all. "Hey, Bob, how are ya?" Bob is actually furious at his wife and ready to leave her, but he says, "Great, just great, Dave. The Lord is good!" Dave on the other hand, hasn't believed in the goodness of God for years, ever since his daughter was killed. "Yep - God is good, all the time. I'm just so glad to be here, praising the Lord". "Me too. Well I'll be praying for you!" I would love to see a tally of the number of prayers actually prayed against the number of prayers promised. I bet it's about one in a thousand. "And I'll be praying for you too. Well, gotta go! You take care." "Take care" is our way of saying, "I'm done with this conversation and I want to get out of here but I don't want to appear rude so I'll say something that sounds meaningful and caring", but in truth, Dave doesn't give a rip about Bob."

Makes you think, don't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider