Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Come Fly With Me

Hallo again... hehe... recently I've been having some doubts or rather hesitation going to uni and doing music... the overwhelming talent I saw from just that last visit, sometimes deters me from carrying on... and I'm not one who likes confrontation of a problem... if I could run away and escape... I would... probably a reason why this blog started... and probably why I've been neglecting anything to do with music... practice-wise...

So one day my dad decides to pop in a VCD of Tuck Andress... virtuoso guitar player... and another of Victor Wooten... virtuoso bass player... and I was completely blown away... well, it put a smile to my face anyway... and I thought to myself... yea!!! This is what I wanna be doing!!! make people happy and enjoy it myself... not to show-off and see who's the fastest player or who can create the nicest licks or play the funkiest groove...

It made me realise the fundamental reason why I chose to take this path in life... Cheesy as that my sound... lol... Anyway, a lot of times ego comes into play and makes you wanna show-off... but what does that achieve at the end of the day? rhetoric... don't answer... haha...

Figured I needa do more listening and be humble when doing so... cos when you listen to steal other people's licks or see if you can play faster... I don't think you're gonna get anywhere... you're just gonna be inept... A quote from Duke Ellington - It's better to be a number one yourself than a number two somebody else...

I'm sick of procrastination and complacency...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyy:) just keep pressing towards the goal! passion is what drives.. hope to hear more new "radio-friendly" recordings soon! :D

9:36 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

thanx :)

9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider