Monday, September 19, 2005

Don't Worry 'Bout Me

So the question on everyone's mind is... how am I getting on with uni? well... for starter's... it isn't as tough as I thought it would be...

I arrived on Thursday... Both my Dad and sis helping me to lug around all the heavy suitcases and all... I was quite disoriented at 1st... but... the student helpers and staff were very friendly and made us all feel welcome... :)

The 1st person I met was Jo... some Nigerian girl who showed me around the campus... Well, my dad and sis were waiting for me back in my room so I couldn't see everything... So after they left, I went on the "official" tour of the school campus...

Now the funny thing is... I go for this tour of the school campus and I bump into this Indian guy called Don and low and behold... where does he come from? None other than Singapore... Studying Philosophy and Writing... So I get to know him... then we have lunch over at the Union Bar... Met one Indian girl, Sonal and another Mauritian Suraya... They weren't 1st year students... Just helping people get orientated... Zac, a Malaysian whom I met earlier and Jo also joined us... After lunch we went grocery shopping at... bought some stuff...

The next day, Friday, I went to the Union bar and had breakfast with Don, Sonal, Suraya and Upma and Barbara... then we had talks the whole day... kinda boring but important... ghehe... also met Arlene from Puerto Rico and Fernando from Spain... Had lunch with this Korean guy, Lee and then Don, Upma, Arlene, Marian and 2 other gals came to join us... and Sonal, Suraya, Jo and Barbara were looking over to our corner wondering why on earth our group was getting so big... wahahahaha!!!

There was a barbeque at night... and I met a few more people... Lots of Malaysians... Nigel, Kelly and Crystal... and Phoebe from Hongkong... had a walk around the campus with Crystal and Pheobe after dinner... doing stupid things like chasing rabbits... lol...

Anyway, Saturday was the tour of London... Met another Mauritian, Chaya, 2 Indians, Ali and I forgot his name :P, 2 Malaysians, Suzanne and Eileen and 2 gals from Denmark and Finland who's names I've forgotten :p

After the tour, a few of us went to get groceries... met another Indian gal too who had just arrived... her name starts with p.... ahhhhh... I can't remember everyone!! Oh yea!!! there was this guy who was listening to jazz in his room... I wanted to find out who he was but his room door was closed... So a few minutes later there was like a fire alarm... and then I met the guy and he's doing the same course as me!! how cool is that!! and he's on the same floor as I am.. ghehehe...

I can't remember all that happened during the past few days cause it's been soooo hectic... haha... All I know is... there are 3 Malaysian gals doing music... that guy Alex, doing the same course as me... and that I made a deal with a few people that if they cook for me or teach me how to cook, I give them free music lessons... so far it's working out alright :)

Today was cool!!! I went to Bright and Miriam's Church and all the people down there were really really really really really really really niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I stayed to fellowship with them until 6pm and just got back! haha!!! We talked about everything under the sun... It was a really good time!! :) Anyway, I officially start school tomorrow so I will end this blog entry cos I'm kinda tired...

Later ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

Wow this automatic forex system trading is simply amazing... Hahah. Nice entry jordan. :)

3:25 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

erm... I'm not anonymous... ghehe... and I can't understand the stuff... :P

3:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in case u didnt know, that was a classic case of blog SPAM... u'd do well to delete it.. (:

-min

4:01 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

someone's getting jealous... :P

4:13 pm  
Blogger Eáránë Felagund said...

Nope. Not jealous. Just tech-savvier. And spam happens to be something I feel strongly about.

Read this: http://kalsey.com/2004/07/new_comment_spam_technique/ then decide for yourself.

Cheers. :)

10:48 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

erm... look behind you a three headed monkey!!! *Jordan runs away*

5:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heylo! nice to hear you're having fun in uni :) don't burn out all your 'fun cells' over there and save some for us back home! :D

8:53 pm  
Blogger Jordan said...

lol.... Don't worry... you guys will always be remembered... hrmm... what was your name again? :P

7:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider