Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Autumn Leaves

Weather Report... Fall...

There's something to be said about the timeless melody, harmony and rhythm of the title song... No doubt the most overplayed piece in jazz repertoire, there's vast freedom in fresh improvisatory approaches to its simplicity; all while maintaining some form of structure... and I keep coming back to it just like a jazzer to his blues roots...

This past week has been nothing short of a blessing... I've had a fantastic time with friends and all... and the strange thing is music's not the core reason... there's no greater joy than serving the Lord :)

Where I left off from last week... had a great time at Christian Union again... Met a few more people... Over the weekend was worship prac and church... Oh... I also checked Skippo's band out... it was nice and all... but I didn't join it cause of financial and practical reasons... It was hard to give up the opportunity...

I'm going to Brighton this weekend... Christian Union House Party... should be fun :) and on Sunday I'm meeting Melvin, Michelle and Amanda!!!! heeee... Might meet with Nadia if she's free too... Anyway.... that's what I've been doing mostly... Oh yea... International Cafe on Thursday nights is kinda fun too :) good outreach opportunities...

Speaking of which... from time to time, my halls mates get into discussions about religion and stuff... God's opening doors :) And other than that, I usually spend the whole day at Pastor Bright's house on Sunday... It's good too... cause he doesn't spoon feed the church... It's nice learning the Word of God in depth... with a little guidance... not anecdotal stuff at all...

Anyway... I'd better get back to either practising, transcribing or reading and revising... eeps... :P

You guys stay blessed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NetZero Platinum ISP Provider